“The most luxurious Shrimp you can get.”
If you love seafood, be sure to check out these two amazingly delicious prawn recipe made by Chef Bao and Masterchef Luo.
#shrimp #prawnrecipe #chinesecooking
【Shandong Braised Prawns】by Chef Bao
1.5 lb. Prawns
1/3 cup Ginger
1/3 cup Scallion
¼ tsp White Pepper
1 tbsp Sugar
1 ½ tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Cooking wine
5 tbsp Cooking oil
1. Clean the prawns and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, add white pepper, sugar, soy sauce and cooking wine. Mix well.
3. Warm up a large skillet to medium-high heat, add cooking oil. Put in the prawns and stir-fry until prawns turn red. Add sliced ginger and sliced scallion. Pour in the sauce then stir-fry.
4. Meanwhile, whisk in cooking wine. Cover with the lid and turn down to low heat, simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Transfer to the serving plate and garnish with scallion. Enjoy!
【Deep-fried Giant Tiger Shrimp with Tomato sauce】by Master Chef Luo
1.5 lb. Kuruma Prawns
½ cup Cherry Tomatoes
3 tbsp Lemon juice
½ cup Tomato sauce
½ cup Slab sugar
½ cup Water
5 cup Cooking oil
½ cup Potato starch
¼ cup Starch + Water
Salt to taste
½ tbsp Scallion (For Garnish)
1. Clean the prawns, and season with salt. Coat the prawns with cornstarch.
2. Heat up a large pan to high heat with boiling oil. Transfer the prawns into pan, when the shrimp slowly takes shape, scoop them out and let the oil heat up even more, till about 180-200 °C.
Refry your shrimp twice, scooping them out and putting them back in. The shrimp will be very crispy but the insides will still be full of moisture. Then place on the serving plate. Set aside.
3. Wash your wok, then pour some water in and put in slab sugar. After the sugar is melted, add lemon juice, tomato sauce, cherry tomatoes, and starch with water, and then mix well.
4. Baste the tomato sauce on fried prawns. Garnish with minced scallion and serve immediately.
Are you a foodie craving Chinese food? Look no further.
Here we have the best Chinese recipes, prepared by award-winning chefs to showcase authentic, traditional Chinese cooking.
Whether you want to know how to make Chinese dishes at home, or learn how to master cooking with a wok, we’ve got you covered.