With 26 restaurants, 7 coveted Michelin Stars, and award-winning television programs, Gordon Ramsay has proven himself to be one of the world's greatest chefs. And now that you've earned back five minutes, take that time to learn what inspires him in the kitchen and in life.
Specialized Tuna Nicoise Salad:
2 pounds Ahi Tuna loin
¼- ½ cup Sesame seeds
½ pound Fingerling potatoes cut in half lengthwise
¼ pound Green beans trimmed sliced in half
1/3 cup Pitted nicoise or other black brined olives, sliced
½ cup Shallot, sliced into thin rings
½ pound Cherry tomatoes cut in half
12 Anchovy filets (optional)
¼ cup Balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
8 each Eggs
4 each Romaine hearts or baby gem lettuce
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette:
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ cup olive oil
1. Bring 3 medium pots of salted water to a boil. Add the potatoes to 1 pot and blanch until tender, about 6 to 10 minutes. Drain in a colander, pat dry, and set aside. Add the green beans to the other pot and blanch until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain in a colander, pat dry, and set aside.
2. In the third pot add eggs and boil for 6 minutes. Remove and quickly plunge under cold running water or an ice bath to stop the cooking. The eggs should still have a runny yolk.
3. For the dressing, add all ingredients in the bowl except the oil. Using a whisk stir in the oil to emulsify. Season as needed to taste and set aside
4. Portion the tuna loin into 4 equal portions. Season the tuna steaks with salt, ground pepper, sesame seeds and olive oil on all sides. Heat a large skillet (or 2 medium skillets), over high heat. When the oil is hot but not smoking, add tuna portions and sear all sides about 30 seconds per side for medium-rare. The tuna should still be bright red in the center.
5. In a large mixing bowl, add potatoes, green beans, olives, shallots, cherry tomatoes, anchovies and parsley. Coat this with balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
6. Tear or chop the lettuce into bite-size pieces and combine with other ingredients in bowl. Toss with enough of the vinaigrette, just to coat. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper as needed.
7. Arrange the lettuce in the center of 4 large plates (or 1 serving platter). Spoon the remaining vegetables around the lettuce to frame.
8. Slice the tuna into three long slices per serving and arrange on top of lettuce. Slice each egg in half lengthwise and place on the vegetables.
9. Drizzle the plate with additional dressing to finish and serve immediately
“Balabaristas,” by Tristeza
“Halcyon Days (Instrumental),” by Prawn
Check Out Our Kitchen Shop now and get an Extra 10% with code GETITNOW
Including; Incredible custom made Damascus Steel Knives, Japanese Blades, Kitchen Gadgets and More
Visit Us Here at www.TIMEOFF.store