Cook a crispy chicken wings recipe in the oven for a healthier and less messy chicken wing dish. These chicken wings are super tasty right out of the oven, with or without a salt and pepper seasoned topping, or typical hot wing sauce. The seasoning mix in this wings recipe is based on the salt and pepper style dishes I enjoy ordering at Chinese restaurants.
A printable copy of this chicken wings recipe can be found at
And for more recipe ideas, check out the Chef Buck Playlist:
If you enjoy the content CG and I create on our cooking and travel sites, you can show your support with the price of a cup of coffee at Patreon or by dropping a tip into our tip jar at Paypal . Everything we create we upload to the internet absolutely free–we don’t hold anything back!–we just appreciate all the viewers and kind comments, but if you’d like to buy us a cup of coffee, we’d love it! Thanks!
We include affiliate links for products on our website, so if you make a purchase after clicking on our links, we may earn a commission which helps us produce more videos and drink more coffee :^) We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, which is an affiliate advertising program that provides a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
If you're just getting into home cooking and your kitchen is lacking in the pots and pan department, you can check out some current Complete Cookware Set prices on Amazon
Connect with this media to catch all of my videos…thanks:
OUR TRAVEL CHANNEL: SLOWPOKE TRAVEL
PRINT RECIPES AT MY WEBSITE:
What You Need For Crispy Chicken Wings
3 lbs CHICKEN WINGS
10-12 GARLIC cloves finely chopped
big bunch of CILANTRO chopped (stems and leaves)
3-4 GREEN ONIONS (chopped, bottoms separated from tops…use the green tops as a garnish)
1-2 JALAPENOS finely chopped (or substitute red pepper flakes)
2 Tbsp BAKING POWDER
1 tsp TURMERIC POWDER
1 tsp GARLIC POWDER
1 tsp ONION POWDER
1 tsp CHILI POWDER (I used chipotle, smoked jalpeno in the video)
SALT and PEPPER (to taste)
OIL for sauteing seasoning topping
Bake Crispy Chicken Wings In The Oven
I generally remove the skin from chicken, but not when I'm baking wings; that crisp cooked skin is what makes wings so tasty. Buy your wings already cut up, or cut them up yourself at home. They're not difficult to process at home, just cut easily between the joints, and be sure and save the wing tips to use for a chicken broth.
1) Pat chicken pieces dry with a paper towel and set aside. Do not add oil, there's plenty of fat in the skin.
2) Combine the baking powder and powdered seasonings in a bowl and mix together well.
3) Toss the wingettes and drumettes with the dry coating.
4) Arrange the chicken pieces on a wire rack over a baking pan and place in an oven preheated to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
5) Cook wings for 50-60 minutes, turning every 20 minutes until crispy and done.
While the wings bake, make the "salt and pepper" seasoning mix.
1) Heat a little oil in a skillet, on medium heat.
2) Add fresh chopped jalapenos, or substitute red pepper flakes, and chopped green onion bottoms.
Saute on Medium low heat for 2-4 minutes.
3) Add finely chopped garlic and continue to saute for a couple of minutes; be sure to keep the temperature low enough to not
burn the garlic.
4) Add chopped cilantro, lots of it, stems and all.
5) Continue sauteing the mixture on medium low heat for 10-15 minutes until the cilantro has cooked down.
Once the wings have baked to crispy completion, toss the wings and the pepper and cilantro seasoning mix together and serve.