This slow cooker beef stew is loaded with chunks of tender beef, tomato, and onions. Chef Bao shows you this easy recipe that's a hearty and comforting one pot meal where the crockpot does all of the work!
#beefstew #slowcooker #beefrecipes
Subscribe for more awesome Chinese recipes:
[Easy Slow Cooked Beef Stew with Tomato]
2 lb. Brisket
2 cup Red Onion
2 cup Tomato
1/3 cup Tomato paste
1 ½ tbsp Cooking oil
1/3 cup Cooking wine
1/8 cup Cinnamon stick
1 tbsp Star anise
1/8 cup Soy sauce
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Sugar
2 cup Water
¼ cup Scallion
¼ cup Ginger
1. Chop the brisket as each of 2 cm x 2 cm (0.7 in x 0.7 in) dices.
2. Put the chopped meat in a pot with COLD Water, heat up gradually until boil.
Remove the scum. Fish up the meat and clean it well. Transfer into the slow cooker.
3. Smoke the tomato with low-heat gently, peel it. Chop the peeled tomato and red onion. Set aside.
4. In a skillet with medium-low heat, then add cooking oil, star anise and cinnamon stick, stir-fry for a while. Put in chopped red onion, chopped tomato and tomato paste. Seasoning with sugar, salt and soy sauce. Pour in water, cook until boil.
Transfer into the slow cooker.
5. In the same slow cooker, and whisk in cooking wine. Place sliced scallion and sliced ginger on the top. Cover with the lid. Set up for cooking 5 hours with high heat.
6. You can enjoy the tender beef with rich taste after 5 hours! This dish also goes well with rice!
Are you a foodie craving Chinese food? Look no further.
Here we have the best Chinese recipes, prepared by award-winning chefs to showcase authentic, traditional Chinese cooking.
Whether you want to know how to make Chinese dishes at home, or learn how to master cooking with a wok, we've got you covered.