Check out The Chef’s Circle Merchandise here!
Darren McGrady spent eleven years rattling pans in the Buckingham Palace kitchens and four years as Royal Chef to Princess Diana and Princes William and Harry
CHECK OUT CHEF DARREN MCGRADY MERCH; https://teespring.com/stores/my-store-10454264
Click the link below to purchase a copy of my latest cookbook
"The Royal Chef at Home, easy, seasonal, entertaining"
Follow me on Instagram for foodie tips and more recipes
Disclaimer: As an Amazon associate I earn from qualified purchases
English Tea Scones
Makes about 16
3 ¼ cups all purpose flour (450grams)
1 stick soft butter (113grams)
½ cup plus 1 Tbs granulated sugar
4 tsp baking powder
¾ – 1 ¼ cups of milk
1 cup raisins (if making fruit scones)
1 egg yolk for glazing
1) Set the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder and sugar.
Add and rub in the butter until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2) Make a well in the center and add the beaten egg and about ¾ cup
of milk. With a metal spoon bring the mixture together making sure you do not over mix it or you will tighten the dough.
3) If the mixture is a little dry add more of the remaining milk gradually
. (You don’t want the mix too dry, or too set that it sticks to the rolling pin.)
4) Lightly dust the table with flour and roll out the dough to about 1 " thick. Then cut
using a 2" round cookie cutter. Place on a baking sheet about 1" apart and brush the tops
with the beaten egg yolk.
5) Bake for about 15 – 20 minutes. When cooked, lift onto a wire rack to cool.
Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE for more videos and recipes!