Chicken Stew is just what you need to cozy up. Chef Bao shows you how to make this classic Northeastern Chinese recipe with the bone-in chicken and mushrooms in a slow cooker. The broth absorbs the flavor of the chicken and mushrooms to create a potent sauce and add an earthy umami to the tender chicken.
#chickenstew #slowcooker #chinesechickenrecipe
Subscribe for more awesome Chinese recipes:
2.5 lb. Baby Chicken
1 cup Shiitake Mushrooms
½ cup Enoki Mushrooms
100g Sweet potato noodles
¼ cup Scallion
1/8 cup Ginger
1 tsp Star Anise
1½ tbsp Cooking oil
1 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Cooking wine
1 tbsp Sugar
11/2 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Pepper
1. Clean the chicken and cut into pieces. Transfer to a plate. Set aside.
2. Slice ginger and scallion. Set aside.
3. Put dried Shiitake mushrooms in a bowl with warm water, soak for 30 minutes. (Don’t forget to keep the soaked water, it remain the fragrance of mushrooms.)
4. Warm up a wok or large pan with high heat, add cooking oil, star anise, sliced ginger, sliced scallion and chopped chicken. Stir-fry until sauté.
5. In the same pan, add soaked mushrooms. And whisk in cooking wine. Pour in the soaked mushroom water. Seasoning with salt, sugar and pepper. Bring to boil over high heat.
6. Transfer to slow cooker. Cover the lid. Set up to high heat and slow cook for 4 hours.
(Low heat cook for 6 hours)
7. Meanwhile, put dried sweet potato noodles in a bowl with warm water, and soak until the noodles turn to be tender.
8. Put the soaked potato noodles and Enoki mushrooms in the same slow cooker. Set up to high heat and cook for 30 minutes until the noodles are soften. Mix well.
9. Transfer to a pot, garnish with scallion and serve. Enjoy!
Are you a foodie craving Chinese food? Look no further.
Here we have the best Chinese recipes, prepared by award-winning chefs to showcase authentic, traditional Chinese cooking.
Whether you want to know how to make Chinese dishes at home, or learn how to master cooking with a wok, we've got you covered.